The Minnesota AFL-CIO is welcoming six new regional organizers to support affiliated Local Unions across Minnesota in mobilizing union members at their workplaces and in their communities. The positions are jointly funded by the Minnesota AFL-CIO and a grant from the national AFL-CIO.
“As working people continue to assert their power, we want to provide our affiliated unions and their members with the support they need as they negotiate for safer workplaces, better pay, and respect,” said Minnesota AFL-CIO President Bernie Burnham said. “We have recruited a talented group of organizers with a passion for improving life for working people. We are excited for them to spread out across the state to help build worker power.”
The new organizers and their regions are:
- Brandon Shofner – North Central – Duluth, Iron Range
- Jared Muskovitz – East Metro – St. Paul and Eastern Suburbs
- Jasmine Laducer-Kitto – North Metro – Anoka County, Northern Suburbs
- Luke Swanberg – West Central – Moorhead, St. Cloud
- Micayla Ter Wee – South Central – Mankato, Rochester
- Sabah Yusuf – West Metro – Minneapolis and Western Suburbs
They began orientation this week and will begin work in their areas in the coming weeks.